Monday 17 October 2011

Life as freshie in the workforce


  • It's weird to see how bosses display their fury. 

  • All of sudden friends stop contacting each other or don't really keep in touch anymore. Life becomes lonelier. Bosom friends whom I regularly gossip/share with during college years suddenly equate my complaints to agony aunts. I know, they too are struggling with heaps of problems. Sigh.

  • Enter into the real world of politics. Work is politics, friends are politics, family is politics. Let's put it this way, if you are of no value, no one really bothers. Value means: how much money you have or how much money you can help them to make. 

  • All of sudden those adults become big meanies. Remember those uncles and aunties who were so nice to you when you were young? Your parents' friends, etc? They were so nice, right? Compare it with your older colleagues or older people whom you met at work. HAHA! 

  • Aspire to change the world? If you have grown up reading biographies of famous people and felt very motivated from their achievements to the extent your life is about living by their quotable quotes, I'm sorry to break this to you: freshies' life is about feeling very small in the world. Get used to it, slowly and hopefully if your passions has not died down, good for you. For the rest of ordinary Joes and Janes like me, life is about putting food on the table. Sometimes when I have the time, I try to remember what my dream was (which in fact changes whenever I discover new fascinations in life :-P) 

  • I felt poorer than I was in college though the allowances I received during college is obviously lower than my salary. But financial obligations, savings, investments ..... yes, those. 

  • I can't skip work like I truant class! Annual leaves are much lesser than school holidays. 

  • There's no grading system.  Work quality has to be, at the very least, PERFECT.

  • Humility, humility, humility! 

  • Trust no one even if help is offered. If they live up to their promise, that's good. Otherwise, don't expect anything. 

  • The walls have ears. Yes, it does! Even if it's made of bricks and 5 inch thick. And when these walls have ears, they have mouths too!


0 comments:

Blogged.my

Total Pageviews

 
;